For all property types that were affected by the certification suspension*:
- The deadline for 2018 certification is December 31, 2019, but the Period Ending Date must be in 2018 (May 2018 - Dec 2018).
- The deadline for 2019 certification is December 31, 2019, and the Period Ending Date can be in 2018 or 2019 (May 2018 or later).
- **IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want both 2018 and 2019 certification, you must apply for 2018 first. You can only apply for one year at a time.
The certification deadline for Property types that were not affected by the suspension (Multifamily, Hospital, Senior Care Community, Data Center) has been extended from November 15, 2019 to December 31, 2019. Properties are encouraged to submit applications by November 15. These non-affected properties are only getting the deadline submittal extension. The 120-day rule still applies.
* Property types that were affected by the certification suspension:
- Worship Facility
- K-12 School
- Office (covers: Office, Bank Branch, Financial Office, and Courthouse)
- Retail Store (covers: Retail Store, Supermarket, and Wholesale Club/Supercenter)
- Warehouse (covers: Distribution Center, Non-refrigerated Warehouse, and Refrigerated Warehouse)
More details: Due to the certification suspension, EPA is temporarily waiving these rules for affected properties:
- The “120-day rule” - which requires an application be no more than 120-days past the Period Ending Date (PED). You’ll now have until December 31, 2019 to submit an application using a PED greater than 120-days old. The earliest allowable PED is May 31, 2018.
- The “Certification Year” rule dictates the year of your certification (and what appears on your decal) based on the date your application is approved. However, now you’ll have until December 31, 2019 to submit an application for 2018 certification. However, your PED must be in 2018. If you want to pursue certification for both 2018 and 2019, then you must apply for 2018 certification first.
- For 2019 Certification, you can use a PED from either 2018 or 2019
- For 2018 Certification, you must use a PED from 2018 (May 2018 - Dec 2018)
- If you have PEDs in 2018, and you haven’t already received 2018 certification, you’ll be asked which year you would prefer.
- Site Visits typically need to be conducted during 12-month application period or during 120-day eligibility window following PED (more info here).
- Your site visit may now occur anytime between start of 12-month application period and December 31, 2019.
- If you are applying for certification for consecutive years, you may be eligible to use the same site visit for both application years.