If your "Portfolio Manager-Calculated" Property Type is "Mixed Use," it's because you don't have a single property use (including Partially and Fully Enclosed Parking) that is over 50% of the Gross Floor Area (GFA). The "Portfolio Manager-Calculated" Property Type is used to determine your peer group for comparisons to the national median.
While Portfolio Manager uses Parking GFA (Partially and Fully Enclosed ONLY) to determine your Property Type, it DOES NOT use Parking GFA to determine score/certification eligibility. Mixed Use properties can earn ENERGY STAR certification, as long as they meet these 2 criteria:
- 75% of the property's Gross Floor Area (GFA) (excluding parking) is comprised of one or more property types that are eligible for an ENERGY STAR score
- At least one property type (that is eligible for certification) is more than 50% of the GFA (excluding parking). Property types that use the same model are counted together:
- Office (combines office, bank branch, financial office, and courthouse)
- Retail Store (combines retail and wholesale club/supercenter)
- Warehouse (combines distribution center, non-refrigerated warehouse, and refrigerated warehouse)