Once you have entered your property into Portfolio Manager, you can further assess and improve your property by:
- Start saving energy. Start with the low and no-cost energy efficiency measures.
- Conduct an Energy Treasure Hunt: a 1-to-3-day event that engages employees in identifying low-cost energy savings opportunities from behavioral, operational, and maintenance actions.
- Plan and achieve profitable improvements to your building by taking a comprehensive approach.
- Have a Licensed Professional perform a site audit (find one using our LP Finder)
- Set a target in Portfolio Manager to continue reducing your property's footprint. See What is a Target and how do I set one?
- Use EPA's Guidelines for Energy Management (43 pages) to determine where to start and how to maximize the return on your upgrade investments.
- See if you are eligible for any financial incentives in the Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency: www.dsireusa.org