Here are the steps to copy and paste bill data into your meters. There are a lot of steps, but once you do it a couple times, hopefully you'll find it a good option. Note you must already have the meter set up (instructions to create a meter).
- Download the 'spreadsheet template' which you can find linked at the bottom of the Manage Bills page (note: the templates are different for each fuel type):
- Enter your data:
- Fill in the spreadsheet with your meter’s bill data.
- Be sure to fill in all required columns including Estimation (Yes/No).
- If you are filling in the spreadsheet by copying and pasting data from another source be sure to “paste special” so no formatting is changed.
- Copy your data:
- Highlight all of the value gird below the column heading in the spreadsheet (do not copy the header row) including the optional columns, even if they are blank.
- Click Ctrl+C (⌘+C on a Mac) to copy the data.
- On the Manage Bills page, at the bottom of the Monthly Entries table select Add Another Entry so one new row appears (only enter one row regardless of how many entries you are going to add)
- Put your cursor in the “Start Date” field
- Click Ctrl+V (⌘+V on a Mac).
- to paste the information from the spreadsheet into the meter
- Click "Save Bills" at the bottom of the page.
*Note - Don't change the format of any of the columns.