On August 26, 2018, EPA updated the score model for Worship facilities.
- The average Worship facility’s score went down by 9 points.
- Four Use Details will no longer be required or used in the score calculation (these fields will still be available if you wish to track them and data you’ve already entered will be retained):
- Number of Weekdays Open
- Number of Computers
- Cooking Facilities
- Number of Commercial Refrigeration/Freezer Units
- Three new Use Details are now required. These were defaulted for you, but you are not eligible for certification using default values. We recommend you check these value for your building to make sure they're accurate.
- Gross Floor Area Used for Food Preparation (It was defaulted to 0).
- Percent that can be Cooled (It was defaulted to 100%)
- Percent that can be Heated (It was defaulted to 100%)
*Because your buildings may differ from the typical building used in our analysis, the change in your building’s ENERGY STAR score will vary from the published average depending on its energy use, fuel mix, business activity, property type, and other variables. Furthermore, by definition, roughly half of buildings of any type should have larger decreases than average, and half should have smaller decreases.