To use Data Center Energy Estimates:
1. Go to your Data Center Use Details:
- If you don’t have a Data Center Use: create a new property use for Data Center (Data Center is found in the drop down list under “Services”)
- If you already have a Data Center Use: On the Details tab, from the Action menu for the Data Center Use, choose: “Update with New Information”
2. Select “Yes” for “Apply Data Center Energy Estimates.” If you have multiple data centers within a single property, you can decide individually whether each space will use the estimates.
3. Review your “Current As Of” date.
In general, it should be the earliest possible date (the date your property was built or the date the data center moved in). This will be the most accurate way to compare your building’s progress over time. If your data center moved in AFTER the building was built, you’ll need to follow the steps in this FAQ
For more information, see Technical Reference for Data Center Estimates.
*Stand-alone data centers cannot use Data Center Energy Estimates.