Search by Topic:

How should I enter a parking garage with ground-floor retail? Follow

You should enter a single Property Use (Parking) and include the retail Gross Floor Area (GFA) with it. You would only break out the retail separately, if it is more than 25% of the total property GFA. This is consistent with our rules for when to break out a separate property use, which states that you should only break out a separate Property Use if:

  • It accounts for more than 25% of the property's GFA, OR
  • It is a Property Use that can get an ENERGY STAR Score. Retail can only get a score if it is an individual store, greater than 5,000 sq ft, and has an exterior entrance. Ground-floor retail is not eligible for an ENERGY STAR Score.
Have more questions? Submit a request