If the retail meets the following EPA criteria for the kinds of retail properties that are eligible for a score, it should be entered individually as a separate "Retail" Property Use:
- It is an individual retail store
- with a minimum 5,000 sq ft
- has an exterior entrance for the public
The retail that does not meet these 3 criteria should be combined, and then it depends on their combined size relative to the total property Gross Floor Area (GFA):
- If the combined total of these retail stores is 25% or less of the total property GFA, then this square footage (and Number of Workers & Computers) should be added to the main Property Use (Multifamily, Office, etc). (Do not break out retail into a separate property use.)
- If the combined total of the retail stores is greater than 25% of the total property GFA, then you should break out this retail into a separate Property Use of “Other – Mall” (a subcategory under Retail -> Mall).