The “Test” designation is a way for you to indicate that a property is not a real building. Test properties can be used to try out new features in Portfolio Manager without touching your real data, or to train others on how to use Portfolio Manager.
You can mark a property as a “Test” building on the Details tab, under Basic Information, by setting the Construction Status to "Test."
You can exclude your test properties from your portfolio-wide graphics* by following these steps:
- Go to “Account Settings (top right)
- Go to the “Your Preferences” tab
- Mark “Include Test properties in portfolio wide graphics?” as “No”
- *The portfolio-wide graphics referred to above are:
- My Portfolio tab: Summary Trends Graphics (charts on left side) Planning tab: Summary Pie Charts (charts on left side)
- Reporting tab: Charts & Graphs (top left) Test properties are not automatically excluded from Reporting when you select “All Properties.”
- Test properties are not automatically excluded from custom reports, so if you "Select All" in the “Select Properties” modal, you'll need to take the additional step of filtering out test properties.