The application for ENERGY STAR Certification includes several important contacts:
- Application Primary Contact is the person EPA will correspond with if there are any issues with the application. In most cases, this is the person who submits the application online.
- Award Recipient is the person to whom your ENERGY STAR congratulations letter and ENERGY STAR decal will be mailed.
- Licensed Professional (LP) is responsible for verifying the completeness and correctness of an ENERGY STAR application (more). The LP must sign the final application in hard copy, and include his/her license number and stamp.
- Signatory is the person in the organization (typically the owner, manager, or building engineer), who signs the final application in hard copy certifying that the information is accurate. The Signatory must be a direct employee of the building owner/manager. If the LP works for the organization certifying, he/she may sign the application twice–in the LP verification section, as well as the signatory agreement.
- The Signatory must be in your Contacts Book, but does not have to have a Portfolio Manager account.
- Property Manager is an outside organization that you have hired to manage your facility operations. If your property is managed internally by the property owner, this field will not be applicable.
- Submitter: Any user with proper access to the property can submit the application for ENERGY STAR Certification.