Here's a list of requirements for a property to receive a score:
Property Type Requirements:
- More than 50% of the property's Gross Floor Area (GFA) (excluding parking) must be a single property type that is eligible for ENERGY STAR certification.
- At least 75% of your property GFA (excluding parking) must be property type(s) that are eligible for a score. In other words, the combined floor area of any property use types that do not have an ENERGY STAR score (i.e., types not listed on the link above) cannot exceed 25% of your total GFA.
Energy Use Requirements
- Twelve full calendar months of energy bill data for all fuels is required. If your readings are mid-month to mid-month (e.g. 12/15/12 to 1/15/13) then you need 13 bills.
- Meter entries cannot include gaps or overlaps during the 12-month period. Gaps or overlaps outside the 12-month period will not prevent metrics from being calculated. However, if you have a recent gap/overlap, then your Current Energy Date will be pushed back to the last 12-month period where you do not have any gaps/overlaps.
Property Use Detail Requirements
- All properties must be in operation at least 30 hours per week, with two exceptions:
- Does not apply to buildings that are not asked for hours of operation, such as hotels and hospitals
- Does not apply to religious worship facilities
- All properties must be meet the following minimum size criteria:
- At least 1,000 sq. ft.: bank, courthouse, distribution center, financial office, K-12 school, non-refrigerated warehouse, office, refrigerated warehouse, and worship facility
- At least 5,000 sq. ft.: barracks, hotel, medical office, retail store, senior care community, supermarket, residence hall, and wholesale club/supercenter
- At least 20,000 sq. ft.: hospital
- No square foot minimum: data centers, multifamily housing, and wastewater treatment plant
- All properties must have at least one worker on the main shift (if asked), with one exception:
- K-12 Schools in the US
- All properties must be a "Single Building" under the basic details, with 5 exceptions that can get a score and earn certification as a campus multiple buildings:
- K-12 schools
- Senior Care
To see the reason that you don't have a score, go to your property’s Summary tab, under Metrics Summary, click on “Not Available” for "Score" to see the reason.