Properties located outside the US or Canada may receive the warning message: "This property does not have a weather station assigned. Please set a weather station."
To select a weather station:
- Go to the Energy tab for the property
- Scroll down to the Utility & Weather box (left side) and click Edit
- The Edit Weather Station and Utility Information page will open
- Using the Station ID drop-down menu, select the closest available option
- If you aren't sure, use the "Map It" feature to view the stations on a map
- Click Save Selections
Why is it important to update your weather station? Weather normalization depends on accurate weather data, and for some countries EPA only has access to data from a few weather stations. The closer your property is to the city you select, the more accurate the weather normalization. You need to choose a weather station for your non-US properties to get a score.