The Number of Bedrooms should reflect the total number of bedrooms located in each individual apartment unit at the property.
- if you have a property with 100 two-bedroom apartments, then your Number of Bedrooms would be 200.
- If you have a property with 10 1-bedroom apartments, 10 2-bedrooms, and 10 3-bedrooms, then your Number of Bedrooms would be 60 (10+ 20+ 30 = 60):
- 10 are 1-bedroom (10 * 1 = 10 bedrooms)
- 10 are 2-bedrooms (10 * 2 = 20 bedrooms)
- 10 are 3-bedrooms (10 * 3 = 30 bedrooms)
- Efficiency and studio apartments count as one (1) bedroom.
- A junior one bedroom (a unit with a separate space for sleeping and usually separated by a half wall or temporary wall) count as one (1) bedroom.
- Don't include in-unit common areas (ex: living rooms) being used as bedrooms by tenants.
- Count what you have today, including any additions/modifications to the original unit(s).