The Number of Bedrooms should reflect the total number of bedrooms located in each individual apartment unit at the property.
For example, if you have 100 apartments broken out as follows, your Number of Bedrooms would be 175:
- 25 are 3 bedrooms (25 * 3 = 75)
- 25 are 2 bedrooms (25 * 2 = 50)
- 25 are 1 bedroom (25 * 1 = 25)
- 25 are studios (25 * 1 = 25)
- Efficiency and studio apartments count as one (1) bedroom.
- A junior one bedroom (a unit with a separate space for sleeping and usually separated by a half wall or temporary wall) count as one (1) bedroom.
- Don't include in-unit common areas (ex: living rooms) being used as bedrooms by tenants.
- Count what you have today, including any additions/modifications to the original unit(s).