You can get a score (and certification) right away using Data Center Energy Estimates. If you are also metering the IT energy, then you can change to benchmark your actual IT energy when you have 12 full months of IT Energy data.
Use Data Center Energy Estimates (for at least the first 11 months):
- Create a new Property Use for your Data Center, see this FAQ for details on how to enter a new property use.
- Make sure "Apply Data Center Energy Estimates" = Yes, from the beginning of the Property Use, even when the GFA=0
- Make sure "IT Energy Configuration" = "No IT Energy Configuration Selected"
- If you need to update these Property Use details, select "Correct Mistakes" (from the Action Menu)
- Make sure to subtract the GFA for the new Data Center from another Property Use
When you have 12 full months of IT Energy, benchmark using your actual IT Energy:
- Update the Data Center Property Use details by selecting "Correct Mistakes" (from the Action Menu) to change "Apply Data Center Energy Estimates" = No, and "IT Energy Configuration" to the correct meter. You don't need to change the dates.
Note that if Apply Data Center Energy Estimates = Yes for any period of time during a 12 month metric year, then the data center estimates will be used for that entire period. See this FAQ for details.