To receive an ENERGY STAR score for Multifamily properties, you must enter:
- Complete Energy Data
- 12 Full Months
- All Fuels
- Must include resident and common areas
- Property Use Details:
- Gross Floor Area
- Number of Residential Living Units (Total)
- Number of Residential Living Units in a Low-rise setting (1-4 stories)
- Number of Residential Living Units in a Mid-rise setting (5-9 stories)
- Number of Residential Living Units in a High-rise setting (10+ stories)
- Number of Bedrooms
The Number of Residential Living Units should equal the Number in Low-rise setting + Number in a Mid-rise setting + Number in a High-rise setting.
Note: you can begin benchmarking and receive an ENERGY STAR score with complete energy data and Gross Floor Area only. Portfolio Manager will assign default values for the other Use Details, enabling you to receive an estimated score. While this is a great way to get started, we always recommend you update your Use Details with accurate information about your specific building. Some additional Use Details can also be tracked, such as Number of Laundry Hookups. This information does not contribute directly to the ENERGY STAR score, but may be useful for your own internal tracking and could assist EPA in future analysis for this sector.