Displaying ENERGY STAR® Metrics in Your Energy Information Software
Please follow the guidelines below to properly display the ENERGY STAR energy performance score and associated metrics from Portfolio Manager in your energy information software and services.
1. There are only two ENERGY STAR promotional marks approved for use within a software package. Use either the landscape-format version of the ENERGY STAR Promotional Mark (stating “Learn more at energystar.gov”) or the portrait-format version of ENERGY STAR Promotional Mark (stating “Ask About ENERGY STAR”). Do not modify or edit the logos in any way.
2. Insert the registered trademark symbol (®) next to the first ENERGY STAR reference.
3. Display Portfolio Manager metrics with appropriate descriptions and units. Also consider displaying building characteristics (primary function, size, occupancy characteristics, etc) to help qualify results.
4. Include a link to the Portfolio Manager Glossary so that users can learn more about individual metrics. Portfolio Manager Glossary: https://portfoliomanager.energystar.gov/pm/glossary
5. When displaying the ENERGY STAR score, include the 12-monthly period ending date that is associated with the score. Do not refer to the score as a “rating”.
For additional information regarding logo use, visit the ENERGY STAR Identity Guidelines: