To determine the reason that you aren't able to apply for certification, click on the button next to your score that says: "Not eligible to apply for ENERGY STAR Certification" on the top right of the property's page.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- A score of 75 or higher
- Property Use Details cannot have any "default" values.
- Properties cannot use "Estimations" for any of its meter data.
- Properties must be marked as a "Single" building on the Details tab, under "Basic Information."
- With a few exceptions: Hospital, K12 School, Senior Care Community, Multifamily and Hotel can be either Single building or More than one building
- Properties must meet certain occupancy requirements:
- Offices - at least 50% occupied
- Hotels - at least 55% occupied
- Multifamily - at least 75% occupied
- K-12 Schools - open at least 8 months of the year
- Properties must have all of its energy accounted for (this means that on the Meter Configuration screen you must answer: "These meter(s) account for the total energy consumption for this property.")
- Properties must be located in the United States or Canada.
- Eleven months must elapse from the "Year Ending" date of the previously approved ENERGY STAR application.
- Your "Energy Current" date must be within 120 days from today’s date (you need to submit the application within 120 days of the Period Ending Date).