Typically, review time for ENERGY STAR certification (and Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR) is 1-2 weeks from the time you submit your application.
However, this can vary depending on several factors:
- Application volume – The deadline for annual certification is sometime in November for that calendar year. If you submit in late October or November, expect 4-6 weeks turn-around.
- Questions on your Application – If we have questions about your application, there may be some delay.
- Application complexity – Simple properties and applications are quicker and easier to review. Here are some tips to keep it simple:
- Minimize the number of property uses. Related FAQ.
- Use the Notes field in your application if there is anything that might cause our reviewers to ask questions.