Search by Topic:

Where can I find a tenant/resident authorization form for the release of utility data? Follow

If the building you are benchmarking has a tenant who directly receives their energy bill from the utility company, you will need to provide the utility company an authorization form to access the tenant’s energy information.

As an example, here is a universal “Authorization for Utility to Release Customer Usage Data to Energy Star Portfolio Manager Internet Application” form.

Please note this is a general form and may not be accepted by your utility company.  Many utility companies require that residents complete a separate form developed by the utility company specifically to meet their own legal requirements. It is highly recommended that prior to completing any form, the resident or the owner contact the utility company to ask if there is a specific form required by the utility company to access tenant utility bills for benchmarking purposes.

**All forms need to be submitted to your utility provider not Portfolio Manager.**

Have more questions? Submit a request