If your vacant space is on average for the 12 months 10% or more of the building's Gross Floor Area, it must be input as a separate Property Use as follows:
- Property Type = Property Type that it would be if it was occupied (Office, Bank, Financial Office, Courthouse, or Medical Office).
- Weekly Operating Hours = 0
- Workers on Main Shift = 0
- Number of Computers = 0
- Percent Heated and Percent Cooled = Report conditioning as it occurs in the vacant space
Note: Only Offices, Medical Offices, Banks, Courthouses, and Financial Office are required to enter vacant Property Uses.
The below property types also have a minimum occupancy requirements, so if your vacancies put your occupancy below these levels, you will need to update your occupancy as well.
- Office/Bank/Courthouse/Financial Office: <50%
- Hotel: <55%
- Multifamily: <75%