If your property doesn't fit neatly into one of the 80+ property types in Portfolio Manager, then pick the closest one. If it just doesn't fit into any of the categories, enter it as "Other."
- Art Gallery could select Museum, Retail, or "Entertainment/Public Assembly-Other" depending on how they function
- Opera House could select Performing Arts under "Entertainment/Public Assembly"
- Airport could select Transportation Terminal/Station under Public Services
- Homeless shelter could choose "Lodging/Residential-Other"
- A youth or senior center could choose "Entertainment/Public Assembly-Social/Meeting Hall"
- Military base could use Barracks, Office, Retail and Other for the different buildings on the base
- TV / Radio Broadcast studio should use the "Other" property type.
Just be careful about choosing one of the 20 property types can get a score because if your property doesn't truly qualify as one of these types, your metrics may be misleading.