If your property doesn't fit neatly into one of the 80+ property types in Portfolio Manager, then pick the closest one. If it just doesn't fit into any of the categories, enter it as "Other." The only metrics that will be affected by your choice (as long as the property types cannot get a score) are the National Median metrics.
- Airport should use Transportation Terminal/Station under Public Services
- Art Gallery could select Museum, Retail, or Entertainment/Public Assembly-Other depending on how they function
- Coffee shop should use Restaurant
- Community Centers should use Entertainment/Public Assembly-Social/Meeting Hall
- Country Club should use Recreation-Other
- Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or Social Security Offices should use Office
- Dialysis Centers should use Urgent Care/Clinic/Other Outpatient
- Homeless shelter should use Lodging/Residential-Other
- Laundromat should use Services - Personal Services
- Liquor Store or a Beer and Wine Store should use Retail Store
- Military base should use Barracks, Office, Retail and Other for the different buildings on the base
- Opera House should use Performing Arts under Entertainment/Public Assembly
- Pharmacy or Drug Store should be Retail.
- Youth or Senior Center should use Entertainment/Public Assembly-Social/Meeting Hall
These property types should all choose "Other"
- Boat marinas
- Hydroponic growing facilities
- Movie Production studios
- TV / Radio Broadcast studios
- Mausoleums and Crematories
Just be careful about choosing one of the 20 property types can get a score because if your property doesn't truly qualify as one of these types, your metrics may be misleading.