Search by Topic:

What property type should I use for a retail store that includes a grocery store? Follow

Use the Retail Property Type for a retail building that includes a grocery store. The Retail Property Use includes a Use Detail for Walk-in Refrigeration/Freezer Units (e.g. the type you might have in the stockroom) in addition to a separate Use Detail for Open/Closed Refrigeration/Freezer Cases (e.g. the display cases from which customers select milk, meat, and other products).  The ENERGY STAR score incorporates both of these Use Details to provide accurate scores for large Retail stores that sell general merchandise (sporting goods, home goods, electronics, etc.) in addition to having a complete grocery section. 

Have more questions? Submit a request