To create a Data Request:
- Go to the Reporting tab
- "Create a New Template" for the metrics and the time period that you want to collect
- You can ignore the question "Select Properties to Include," or select some of your properties so you can review your template before sending with real data
- "Save Template"
- Once the report has been generated (and you are back on the main Reporting page), you can review the template, and make edits if necessary.
- Once the template is ready, under the Action menu, select "Request Data using this Template"
- Fill out the details about your Data Request (contact person, etc.) and include instructions to be sent out with your request.
- Click "Publish Request" - Make sure you have double checked everything, you cannot make changes after you "publish request." You would have to delete this and start over if you make a mistake.
- Once you publish the request, you will be given a url that you can send out to the people who need to fill out your Data Request.
Or watch this video on "How to create a data request."
Or read this Guide on Custom Reporting ("How to create a data request" starts on pg 4).