The following are common issues that might prevent a property from receiving a score. First, please confirm that more than 50% of the floor area for the property is a property use type that is eligible for a score, then check the following:
- Run a GET /metrics call that includes these metrics:
These metrics represent specific data quality issues that will prevent a property from receiving an ENERGY STAR score. Each metric will contain one of the following responses:
- “Okay” – This alert was reviewed and is not an issue for the property (i.e. no meter gaps).
- “Possible Issue” – This alert was reviewed and a possible issue was identified (i.e. there are meter gaps).
- “Not Checked (See Possible Issues)” – Means this item could not be evaluated, most likely because of one of the other alerts identified as a possible issue.
The server response for each of these alerts will help pinpoint the issue that is preventing your property from receiving a score during the 12-month performance period that you've specified. Steps you can take to ensure that the property receives a score include:
- Associate meters that need to be included in the property’s metrics. To associate multiple meters to a property, you would use the meter association web service that is described at: http://portfoliomanager.energystar.gov/webservices/home/api/meter/propertyAssociation/post. If you'd like to associate a single meter to a property, you would use the meter association web service that is described at : http://portfoliomanager.energystar.gov/webservices/home/api/meter/propertyAssociationSingle/post. Associating a meter to a property is not implicitly done for you when you add a meter to a property.
- Ensure that your property has met all of the eligibility criteria listed in the Eligibility criteria for the 1-100 ENERGY STAR score
You can also obtain a more detailed description of why the property is not receiving a score by navigating to the Goals tab for the property in the GUI, scrolling to the Metrics Comparison for Your Property & Your Target table, and clicking the “Not Available” link in the ENERGY STAR score row for the period you’re evaluating.
Please see this FAQ for more insight on why a building may not be receiving a score and steps to correct those issues.