You can report Scope 1, and half of Scope 2 in Portfolio Manager:
- Scope 1 Emissions – Direct Emissions
- these are covered in Portfolio Manager.
- Scope 2 Emissions – Indirect Emissions were amended in January 2015 by the World Resources Institute (WRI) requiring indirect emissions be calculated and reported in two ways:
- location-based method relying on grid-average emissions factors – is covered in Portfolio Manager
- market-based method using energy supplier-specific emissions factors – is NOT in Portfolio Manager. Adding the market-based method to Portfolio Manager is on EPA’s Wish List, but it is a significant effort and will be considered with all the other potential enhancements.
- Scope 3 Emissions - Other Indirect Emissions, such as business travel, transportation of products/materials/waste, employee commuting, etc.
- These are not in Portfolio Manager
For more information about how Portfolio Manager handles emissions, see our Technical Reference on Greenhouse Gas Emissions.