Emails that include a subdomain with an extra period, such as 'email@example.com', are rejected on the registration page, though not when the email is updated in "Account Settings". Please use the following workaround until a permanent fix is implemented:
1) Choose an email address that isn't in the firstname.lastname@example.org format when filling out the initial registration form. If using an alternative email address is prohibited by your organization, see if a temporary email set-up by a supervisor can be used for this step as the email can be changed once the account is activated.
2) The account verification email from email@example.com will come to that address soon after registering. Please check the spam and junk folders if you don't see it in the inbox. Once the confirmation link in it is clicked, the new account will be activated.
3) Once the account is activated, login with the username and password, then correct the contact email using the following steps:
- Click on "Account Settings" in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Type the correct email in the "Email" field, and also in the "Confirm Email" field.
- Click the blue "Make Changes" button at the bottom of the screen.