There are 2 Water Use Intensity metrics:
- Water Use Intensity (All Water Source) = all water sources divided by the building sq. ft. (not including parking or irrigated area).
- Indoor Water Use Intensity (All Indoor Water Sources) - all indoor water meters divided by the building sq. ft. (not including parking or irrigated area)
- Water Use Intensity metrics are NOT adjusted for any of your Property Use Details (Number of Workers, Weekly Hours, etc.).
- Irrigated area is not included in building sq. ft. for the Water Use Intensity calculations. This is because we wanted to create consistent metrics to be used across different building types and different resources (energy, water, waste). If we included irrigated area, then the denominator for Water Use Intensity would be fundamentally different than for Energy Use Intensity (EUI), even for the same building.
- Water Use Intensity is similar to Site Energy Use Intensity (not Source EUI) because we do not have any data on the water transportation and losses.