If you get an alert that you have an "overlap" in a meter, this means you have two or more meter bills that cover the same day(s) within the year.
Our meter rules:
- Meter dates can overlap at the most by one day (the End Date = the Start Date of the next)
- You will get a "warning" message if there are any overlaps in a meter entry. If your overlapping data is from years ago, and you're not concerned with metrics for that year, ignore it.
- You will NOT get metrics if you have any overlapping days, for any active meters, within that 12-month period.
How to fix:
- Click into a date or quantity to update it -then click "Save Bills" at the bottom of the screen.
- If you have duplicate entries (a common mistake), you'll need to delete one: check the box next to the entry, click "Delete Selected Entries," then "Save Bills." See this FAQ for more info.