If you get an alert that you have Meter gaps, this means your meter bills do not cover every single day of the year.
To fix a meter gap you can either:
- Adjust an existing meter entry to cover the missed dates: Click on a date field to update it. Then click "Save Bills" at the bottom of the screen.
- Add a new meter entry. If you need to add a new entry - Click "Add Another Entry," enter the data, then click "Save Bills" at the bottom of the screen. After you "Save" it will be put into chronological order.
- Adjust the "Date Meter Became Active" to correspond to your first bill's Start Date
To fix a meter gap if you don't have the meter bills:
- If you have a small gap where you do not have the meter bills.
- If you have a large gap where you do not have the meter bills.
Our meter rules:
- The Start Date of a meter entry can be:
- the same day as the End Date of the last meter entry
- the day after the End Date of the last meter entry
- You will get a "warning" message if there are any days not covered in a meter entry beginning with the "Date Meter became Active." If your missing data from years ago, and you're not concerned with metrics for that year, ignore it.
- You will NOT get metrics if you are missing any days, for any active meters, within that 12-month period.